Last Updated: February 15, 2024
These Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) form a legally binding agreement between you (“you”, “your” or the “User”) and Child Behavior Clinic LLC (“CBC,” “we,” “us,” or “our”), a Wisconsin, USA-based company. They govern your use of our website (www.childbehaviorclinic.com), applications, any mobile apps we offer, emails you receive from us, services, products, all associated content and communication platforms, and any other online tools where these Terms apply (collectively, “Platforms”).
Key Points to Remember
- Informational, Not Therapeutic: Our Platforms offer educational resources on child behavior. Content does not constitute professional therapy, medical advice, or diagnosis.
- Emergencies: Call 911 immediately or access appropriate emergency care in case of a medical or mental health crisis.
- No Refunds: Our digital products and services are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Age Restriction: You must be at least 18 years of age to use our Platforms.
Agreement to Terms
Limited Scope of Services
- CBC provides online resources and information related to child behavior, anxiety, and ADHD. The information, articles, videos, or interactions through our Platforms are not substitutes for diagnosis, treatment, or individualized intervention by qualified mental health or medical professionals.
- You acknowledge that communications on our Platforms, even with Dr. Jacque Bogdanov or other CBC affiliated personnel, do not establish a therapist-client, doctor-patient, or any other formal therapeutic relationship.
- If you or your child require immediate support, please contact emergency services by calling 911 or seek care from your nearest emergency provider.
Access to CBC Products and Content
- Free Offerings: Certain CBC content (guides, videos, etc.) may be available at no cost but still require providing your email address and consent to receive marketing communications. You may withdraw this consent by unsubscribing from CBC emails at any time.
- Content Access After Unsubscribe: If you unsubscribe, your access to the free content previously associated with your email may be revoked.
- Protection Measures: Your privacy is respected. CBC works to mitigate spam and requires active confirmation of your email whenever you subscribe or seek access to content protected by an email requirement.
- Premium Products: Additional products and services may be offered on a paid basis. Purchases of these are subject to the outlined Purchase and Cancellation policy.
Your Promises to Us
- You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and legally able to consent to these Terms.
- You warrant that any information supplied upon creation of a user account (which may include name, email, and if applicable, payment details) is accurate and complete.
- You will only use our Platforms for lawful purposes, in full compliance with these Terms.
All materials on our Platforms, including but not limited to text, images, videos, and downloadable content, are either owned by Child Behavior Clinic or lawfully used with permission from the copyright holder. Our content is protected by copyright, trademark laws, and other intellectual property rights under both U.S. and international law.
We’re thrilled when our content helps families. Feel free to use it for personal, non-commercial use. Reproduction, distribution, or public display without express written permission from CBC is strictly prohibited.
If our Platforms allow for comments, forum posts, emails, or other user submissions:
- When you share or upload content to our Platforms, you keep your ownership rights. However, you give Child Behavior Clinic a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free permission to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content. This license allows us to provide, promote, and improve our services and is necessary for the operating of our business.
- You are solely responsible for ensuring your content is lawful, accurate, and does not violate intellectual property rights, privacy, or other rights of others.
- CBC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove, edit, or refuse the posting of any User Content deemed harmful, offensive, or in violation of these Terms. Content deemed ‘harmful or offensive’ includes, but is not limited to, explicit language, graphic violence, hate speech, and unauthorized commercial messages. We reserve the right to remove such content at our discretion.
Protecting Our Community
You agree to refrain from any activities that:
- Violate any local, state, federal, or international laws or regulations.
- Interfere with, disrupt, or attempt to gain unauthorized access to our Platforms.
- Are defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, or infringe upon the privacy of others.
- Infringe on any intellectual property, publicity, or privacy rights.
- Impersonate another person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with CBC.
Purchase and Cancellation Policy
No Refunds on Digital Products: Due to the nature of our digital products and services, which grant immediate access to valuable knowledge and resources, we cannot offer refunds or prorated refunds. All purchases of CBC’s digital products and services are final. This policy ensures fairness and equal access to high-quality content for all members of our community.
Subscription Cancellation: If you subscribe to a recurring CBC product, you have the option to cancel your subscription within 48 hours of your scheduled renewal date to avoid further charges.
We understand that unforeseen circumstances may arise. Should you have an exceptional situation, please contact us and we’ll do our best to find a fair solution.
Account Creation and Termination
- Account creation may be offered to access select features or content on our Platforms. You will be required to provide accurate information (name, email, and if applicable, full payment details, including address).
- You are responsible for safeguarding your login credentials and any activities on your account.
- CBC reserves the right to terminate or suspend your account, in its sole discretion, for reasons including, but not limited to, violations of these Terms, prolonged account inactivity, or suspected fraudulent activity.
Disclaimer of Warranties
We strive to provide high-quality resources and tools, but remember, every child is unique, and our guidance shouldn’t replace personalized professional healthcare if needed.
CBC PLATFORMS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND ALL ASSOCIATED CONTENT, INCLUDING INFORMATION PROVIDED BY DR. JACQUE BOGDANOV OR OTHER CBC REPRESENTATIVES, ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. CBC MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Understanding the Limits of Educational Resources
We strive to provide the best possible information and support on child behavior, anxiety, and ADHD. However, it’s essential to understand the following:
- Not a Substitute for Individualized Care: Our resources do not replace a diagnosis, personalized treatment plan, or the ongoing care of a qualified mental health or medical professional. While offering valuable information, our products and services cannot meet the same criteria as one-on-one therapy or specialized medical expertise.
- We Do Our Best, But Things Change: We work hard to keep our content accurate and up-to-date. Despite this, research evolves, techniques change, and every single child is unique. There’s no guarantee our resources will perfectly suit your family’s needs at every single moment.
- Protecting Our Ability to Help: Unfortunately, it’s legally necessary to limit our liability. This reflects the educational nature of our services and safeguards CBC so we can continue providing resources to families like yours. We understand this doesn’t offer solutions in every unlikely negative scenario, but it enables us to keep creating content and tools.
Why This Matters: We want you to benefit from CBC! To truly make a difference for your child, combining our resources with the right professional support is essential.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL CBC, ITS EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, OR REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES (DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE) ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR RELIANCE ON OUR PLATFORMS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, CONTENT, OR ANY INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL BASIS FOR THE CLAIM, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
Resolving Disputes Amicably
We prioritize your satisfaction and aim to resolve any concerns or disputes in a manner that is fair and amicable. In the event of a concern or dispute related to our Platforms, products, or services, we encourage you to first contact our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We pledge to work diligently to address your concerns promptly, aiming for resolution within 30 days of your initial contact.
Step-by-Step Dispute Resolution
- Initial Contact: Reach out to our customer support team with a detailed account of your issue, including any relevant documentation or communication. Please include your preferred outcome or resolution.
- Internal Review: Upon receipt of your complaint, we will conduct a thorough internal review. This process may involve contacting you for additional information or clarification. Our goal is to understand fully and address your concerns to your satisfaction.
- Mediation: If we are unable to resolve your dispute internally to your satisfaction, we encourage parties to seek mediation, a form of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), as a next step. Mediation will be conducted by a neutral third party, chosen jointly by you and Child Behavior Clinic, at a mutually agreed upon time and location. The costs of mediation will be shared equally between both parties unless otherwise agreed.
- Legal Resolution: In the unlikely event that mediation does not result in a resolution, this agreement does not preclude either party’s right to seek relief through legal channels if necessary.
This step-by-step process is designed to encourage the resolution of disputes in the most amicable and efficient manner possible. By following this process, we hope to foster understanding and mutually beneficial outcomes, conserving both time and resources for all parties involved.
Changes to Terms and Platforms
CBC maintains the right to update or modify these Terms at any time. Updated versions will be posted on our Platforms, and the “Last Updated” date will be revised. Your continued use of the Platforms after such updates constitutes your acknowledgment and acceptance of the modifications.
Jurisdiction and Governing Law
These Terms shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of Wisconsin, USA without regard to any conflict of laws provisions. Any disputes arising from these Terms or your use of CBC services shall be resolved exclusively in the appropriate courts within Wisconsin.
- U.S.-Based Services: Child Behavior Clinic is headquartered in the United States. Our Platforms are designed primarily for users within the U.S. and compliance with U.S. laws. If you access our Platforms from outside the U.S., you do so voluntarily and acknowledge that CBC makes no guarantee that content or service availability is suitable for your location.
- Responsibility for Compliance: Compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and privacy standards of your jurisdiction is your own responsibility when accessing our Platforms from outside the U.S.
- Non-U.S. Jurisdiction: This website and its operation are primarily intended to subject CBC to the jurisdiction and laws of the United States.
- Data Rights Inquiries: While CBC makes no claims as to GDPR compliance, we recognize the rights of individuals over their data. Should you believe you possess additional rights under privacy laws of your specific jurisdiction, please contact us at email@example.com and we will address your request within a reasonable timeframe to the best of our ability.
If any provision of these Terms is deemed invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions shall remain in full effect.